If you observe the following guidelines, your experience at the U.S. Senior Open Championship will be a more enjoyable one.
- Please stay behind gallery ropes and follow directions of Championship marshals at all times.
- Do not cross fairways except at designated crosswalk areas.
- Be considerate of others and kneel or sit if you are in the front row of the gallery.
- Stay quiet and stand still when players are about to hit or when instructed by Championship marshals.
- All mobile device volume controls must be set to silent or vibrate at all times.
- To ensure your safety at all times, walk carefully and never run.
- The U.S. Senior Open Championship involves substantial walking on grassy hills, dirt paths and other uneven surfaces. Please wear appropriate footwear such as sneakers.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
- To provide protection from the sun, remember to wear sunscreen, hats
andsunglasses. Please note that sunscreen in bottles and tubes, 3 ounces or less is permitted. Sunscreen in spray bottles and/or aerosol cans is not permitted.
- Dispose of plastic bottles, aluminum and paper in blue recycle bags.
- Dispose of trash (food, cups, concession ware) in green bags.
The safety and enjoyment of our guests, fans
- No Weapons (Regardless of
permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives)
- No Explosives and/or Fireworks of any kind
- No Tablets and/or Computers (Cellular mobile devices less than 7" are permitted)
- No Noise-Producing Devices (Including portable speakers)
- No Cameras (Other than Monday through Wednesday for personal photographic use)
- Note: Use of cameras and mobile device camera features must follow the camera/photography policy
- No Video and/or Audio Recording at any time with any device
- No Backpacks, Briefcases and/or Bags larger than 6" x 6" x 6" in their natural state
- Note: Transparent/clear plastic hand and shoulder bags no larger than 12" x 12" x 6" are permitted.
- No Signs, Posters and/or Banners
- No Food and/or Beverages except for medical or infant needs
- No Containers and/or Coolers except for medical or infant needs
- Note: Personal care items (
3 ouncesize or less) are permitted.
- Note: Personal care items (
- No Pets (other than service animals assisting disabled individuals)
- No Lawn Chairs and/or Oversized Chairs with Arms (compact chairs without arms are permitted with no case)
- No Ladders and/or Step Stools or other similar items
- No Bicycles allowed inside admission areas or the Championship Grounds
- No other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the USGA and/or Championship Security Personnel, in their sole discretion
Meteorology staff will be on-site monitoring weather conditions at all times. The USGA will communicate important safety information to fans through special Alerts that will appear on all
A Weather Advisory may be posted to alert fans of specific weather conditions that will require certain precautions.
A Weather Watch may be posted to alert fans that dangerous weather is possible and they should be prepared to take shelter or return to their vehicles.
A Weather Warning may be posted to alert fans that dangerous weather is approaching and they should take immediate action, including exiting all grandstands.
A suspension of play for dangerous conditions will be indicated by one prolonged air-horn blast. In the event of a suspension of play, grandstands will be cleared immediately. If lightning is detected, please avoid open areas, hilltops, high places, isolated trees, golf carts and wire fences, and seek shelter immediately. Play will resume as soon as conditions allow.
Sign up for the latest news and special offers. Enter your email address.